Douglas G. KallenEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug is past President (2007) of the Vermont Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, a position to which he was elected by his colleagues in the Criminal Defense Bar. Doug brings an extensive background in Criminal Law to assist his clients at Bergeron, Paradis & Fitzpatrick. Doug was a Senior Trial Attorney in the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office in New York City and while there was in the Homicide Bureau and Rackets Bureau, prosecuting murder cases as well as organized crime cases. Doug’s thirty-two years of Criminal Law experience give him the ability to successfully resolve charges from DUI to white-collar crimes. Doug works in both the Vermont State Courts as well as the U.S. District Court in Vermont, which allows him to represent his clients wherever they may be charged. Doug also has a strong divorce practice drawing on his extensive litigation and negotiation skills.
Doug was named by Super Lawyers as one of the top Criminal Defense attorneys in New England for 2014.
Primary Areas of Practice
- University of Colorado School of Law (J.D.)
- Cornell University (B.A.)
Bar Admissions and Affiliations
- Vermont Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (President, 2007)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Vermont State Courts; U.S. District Court, District of Vermont
- New York State Courts; U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Colorado State Courts
- Vermont Bar Association