- Establishment and administration of trusts, including special need trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Charitable gifts and charitable trusts
- Estate and gift tax planning and return preparation
- General and specific powers of attorney
- Advance directives for health care
- Asset protection
Estate planning and asset transfers pose special challenges in the current economic and regulatory climate. The Estate Planning and Probate practice at BP&F assists individuals and businesses of all types in the development, preparation and implementation of estate plans that meet the specific needs of the client while also minimizing estate, transfer, and generation-skipping tax implications. Attorneys at BP&F are able to also offer business, finance and tax planning support to the Estate Planning and Probate practice to address related issues that often arise before, during and after any estate plan or asset transfer.